Requirements for a marriage license issued by Richardson County
Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry
in Nebraska if you are under 17. A couple may apply for their license
in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska
- Both applicants must supply a valid form of photo identification
(Example: Drivers License or passport.)
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19), a
must be signed by a parent or guardian and notarized.
- Both applicants must appear together at the County Clerk's office
between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- The fee for a marriage license is $15.00.
- Marriage license is valid for one year from date of issuance,
and there is not a waiting period.
- Need to know birthplace of bride and groom, but a birth certificate
is not required.
- If an applicant has been divorced, we need to know the date
of divorce decree. A copy of the divorce decree is not required.
- Applicants must supply the full names and birthplaces of both
parents (including mother's maiden name).
- No blood test is required.
To receive a Richardson County certified marriage license, send a
$5.00 check or money order and the following information (The license
must have been issued in Richardson County for us to send a copy):
- Name of groom
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month/day/year of marriage
Richardson County Clerk
1700 Stone St
Falls City, NE 68355
To be filled out and signed by parents of person under age of 17
wishing to be married in the State of Nebraska